NAVIGATION LICENSE (LN)
Navigation License (LN) is the most basic nautical certification which will allow you to govern a recreational boat.
+ Which type of recreational boat can I govern with this license?
- All power jetskis.
- Motorboats with a length until 6 metres and an engine power suited to its length.
+ When can I sail?
- During daylight.
- Until 2 nautical miles in any direction from a harbour, marine or safe place.
+ Which is the course structure?
- 2 hours of theory with the following themes:
- Introduction to the practical contents.
- Navigation constraints in buoyed beaches, non buoyed beaches and access channels.
- Regulation laws about boat traffic and navigation inside a harbour.
- Side marks of region A.
- Ways to govern a boat.
- International code to prevent collisions (RIPA).
- Basic notions to use a portable radio station VHF.
- 4 hours of practice about navigation and safety in an homologated boat with the following themes:
- Knowledge and handling of safety material, boat critical points checking.
- Recognition of driving force elements. Starting engine and functional checks.
- Good handling of ropes and basic reef knots.
- Manoeuvres of docking and undocking. Security speed.
- Manoeuvres of anchoring. Precautions with swimmers and scuba divers.
- Safety manoeuvres.
+ Information of interest
- Maximum of 8 students in a course.
- No need to pass an exam to get the license.
- Minimum age of 18 years old or 16 years old with tutor or parental consent.
- The student must bring a medical certificate apt for nautical activities to be able to get the license.
- Once finished the theory and practice sessions, the school will issue the official license card and deliver it to the student.
- The official license card has a validity period of 10 years, and after that it can be renovated submitting a new medical certificate.
- 125 € the complete course of Navigation License, which includes theory and practice sessions, an insurance, didactic material and the license dispatch.
- 100 € if you already have the old license “Titulín” and you want to validate it to Navigation License just making the 4 hour practice sessions.
If you are interested on this course, contact us filling in the contact form, by phone or email and we will inform you about the scheduled courses.